Total Recall (1990)
They stole his mind, now he wants it back.
- Top notch special effects - you'll have your mind blown (haha) by the practicals.
- Interesting concept (not sure how faithful to the story named in credit scroll).
- One liners!
- Arnold. Kind of two Arnolds. Either way, Arnold.
- Got the kick-butt female(s) (both sides) in there as well.
- Three boobed lady, striper midget with attitude, mutants, and unlikeable bad guys.
- Final line of the movie directly reflects what we should be thinking, if we have followed along.
- Acting not always the strongest.
- Strong violence can turn people off.
- Three boobed lady may also turn people off - from the sense that some people might not like that one spot of nudity in the entire thing.
- Some people don't like one liners (don't know what's wrong with their brains).
Is this one called a classic? It is, right? It should be. If you want to watch some stellar practical effects, these here are some pretty amazing things. Acting is pretty on par with any other Arnold-led action/adventure flick, but the main stay here isn't winning oscars as much as it is entertainment - something it excels at just fine. It's a fun thrill ride that almost plays out like a spy flick - just with more action and space stuff. Future technology that isn't so futuristic as to be jarring, but futuristic enough at moments that it's believably future. Definitely worth checking out if you enjoy action, scifi, or Arnold movies - but if you are strongly turned off by violence and a bit of clothed raunchiness (and a bare three boobed woman) then it won't be for you unfortunately.