My Bloody Valentine (1981)
Cross your heart...and hope to die.
- Gas mask
- Legitimate reason as to why the local villain hates the day and goes on rampages
- Plot twist ending (not entirely unforeseeable)
- "First time I snort coke, I almost drown in it" - yes, I laughed at a guy sniffing soda through a straw
- One of the most PG rated R films I've seen (R comes entirely from violence, which by modern standards is pretty light-weight)
- Anatomically correct hearts!
- Terrible romance
- Opening for a sequel built in - not necessarily bad, but means no real resolution
Not a bad movie, although not particularly scary either. Fans of the 80's horror flicks should be able to enjoy it as much as any, although those looking for some sort of stand-out entry into the genre most likely won't be impressed.