Django Unchained (2012)
The "D" is Silent. Payback Won't Be.
- Definite Tarantino style throughout
- Neither of the main characters are typical western castings
- That special blend of violence that's over the top, and yet still looks real
- The ending really raises the roof
- Parallels/references later Brünnhilde segment of Der Ring des Nibelungen .
- A few really funny moments
- Movie feels slow, although the pacing doesn't seem like it should be
- Some might be offended by the probably close to period-accurate use of the N-word that I'm not allowed to say without being racist since I'm caucasian
- Doesn't end up feeling much different than most westerns
If your a Tarantino fan then go ahead and give it a rental, but for most people I'd wager that it's a pass, even with the romance and comedy factored in those nearly 3 hours of runtime feels like it could have done with a lot of cutting down.