SAGA: Curse of the Shadow (2013)
Because "Curse of the Dragon Slayer" was a misleading.
- (Most) Costumes
- Location variety
- I've seen far worse acting in triple A titles
- Decent pacing
- Plenty of fights
- That zombie minotaur (or whatever) costume
- Final boss battle
- Fights can be pretty sloppy
- Outside of the main human's sword, most the weapons look noticeably like LARP weapons
- Netflix naming selection made me expect more dragons than existed
A standard fantasy movie plot that could easily remind folks of any run-of-the-mill Dungeons and Dragons sitting isn't going to make this a go-getter for most people, but the costumes are pretty dang rad and the acting could have been very much worse. Worth a watch through, whether through rental or borrowing or what have you, and easily better than at least two of the named Dungeons and Dragons movies for those who want a more solid comparison.
Word of note: alternate title (the one Netflix chose to use) is "Curse of the Dragon Slayer" - a stupid choice, as the movie has nothing to do with dragon slayers, and in fact there is only one real dragon slain in the entire movie.