Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
... there was nothing to hold onto - except each other.
- Dana Wynter should be credited as Babe-raham Lincoln.
- Outer space plants causing trouble - don't see that too often.
- Characters are pretty expressive/active, as will happen in B&W flicks.
- Black and White makes it feel more impressive somehow.
- "Black and white" car cop call- I found this way funnier than intended I think.
- B&W is cool by me, but I'm not a color elitist like some folks.
- Main characters constant "I should have known something was wrong" cliches during his story - even if that's probably how anyone would tell it.
- If pods can copy everything, how come that dog wasn't a pod-dog?
Lovely spot of fun, doesn't overstay it's welcome. Not exactly scary by many modern film-goers perceptions, but the concept of everyone around you not being who they appear to be is something that still terrifies plenty of people to this day. Would actually watch this one again, although maybe with a friend or two next time. I don't think pod people would enjoy the movie though - kind of hard to have an opinion if you don't have feelings, isn't it?