Hobo with a Shotgun (2011)
Delivering justice one shell at a time.
- Classic cult movie fashion, the title exists as a line of dialogue.
- The song that plays during the hospital scene.
- Manages to make the main character less one dimensional, even though the movie feels like a flat out to the point flick.
- Surprisingly decent acting, all considering.
- The Plague.
- Has it's moments of surprising deepness, all considering.
- Grindhouse-y. Some may find the violence way over the top - and they don't really hold back at all.
- What's with the giant octopus?
- The one or two profound moments can easily be lost amidst all the violent grind-enjoyment.
- Couple of cringe moments.
Without a doubt in my mind, this movie isn't for everyone. If your into the B-movies - specifically the grindhouse set - then I can almost guarantee your enjoyment with this one. If you don't like violence you'll want to stay far and away clear of this blood opal. Personally, I wondered why I had avoided seeing it for so long after watching it - but I enjoy a wider range of films than a lot of people. You've been advised.