Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- Space craft all look pretty dang rad.
- Characters feel more like an average joe adventure movie cast then a superhero movie cast.
- Plenty of action-pack spectacle that would do any summer blockbuster flick proud.
- Emotional scenes to counterbalance the action ones without ruining the perceived pace of the movie.
- Well done acting.
- Well done CG.
- Such an impressive/interesting good guy cast leaves the bad guys feeling kind of bland and rather unimportant.
- Final conflict with villain character feels rather brief and (compared to everything before it) lackluster.
Well worth the money spent, and on one viewing it's hard to find a whole lot to pick apart about it on the negative side. Does a good job with pacing, balancing the action and emotion, and very well could be one of the most humorous Marvel movies (intentionally) to date. I have a feeling a lot of people will fall in love with Rocket because "Aw, he's a cute little raccoon guy!" and Groot because he's the "big dumb tree guy" but the cast as whole does a wonderful job at delivering a worthwhile show. Of all the movies I've seen in the theater this year (even though it's not too many in comparison to the ones I've seen at home), this is probably the best I've seen.