Dead End Drive-In (1986)
There's a party every day, a movie every night, and all the junk food you can eat. What more can a kid want... except to get out.
- Touching on some society problems and the likes (as post-apocalyptic movies tend to do).
- Takes place at a drive-in (almost exclusively). Not a very oft-used setting.
- Has that Mad Max sort of feel to the diverse costume selection (and punk/grunge look on everything).
- B-reel stuff (you know, semi-bad acting, boobs, kinda bad in a goofy way).
- Went in expecting a more "contained' Mad Max based on reviews - distinctly is not Mad Max. This negative is only a negative if you go in expecting MM, otherwise you can ignore this one.
- Pretty slow-paced in feeling due to being rather uneventful in nature.
- That poor car.
- Some might be turned off by the B-reel stuff.
I'd say it's pretty skippable unless you're a hardcore fan of the dystopic apocalypse kind of settings. That being said, I'd much rather spend my time watching any of the Road Warrior trilogy or Escape From series instead of this one. It's not bad, but certainly feels much more like a movie built on social commentary than what I was hoping to watch.