King Solomon's Mines (1985)
An action packed adventure, full of laughs and heroics.
- Similar to Indiana Jones, but with seemingly more emphasis on comedy.
- Due to before, should get a couple of laughs from most people.
- Range of characters from Turks and cannibals all the way to German soldiers
- Classy acting - bad where it needs to be ridiculous, but oh-so-good at the same time.
- Well done pace..
- Some dated sound effects.
- Some dated special effects.
- Not sure everyone will appreciate the acting at all times.
- Some might find the running gag (specifically "I have it") to get old faster than others.
- Romance isn't winning it any awards.
If you want a movie to just sit down and have a good time with, I'd certainly recommend you try looking this up. It has that Indiana Jones and Romancing the Stone feel to it, which in turn matches up that adventurous plot with abundant elements of action and humor. I'd wager that it might even make a decent date night movie (and there's no argument that most guys would enjoy this way more than the typical romance flick) or family flick (if you'd let your kid watch Indiana Jones, they could easily watch this). Check it out if you get the chance - I hear that there may be more of these, and quite frankly will probably look into it at some point based on how fun this one was.