Rigor Mortis (2013)
Never remove the mask.
- A different kind of vampire (different regions mythology).
- Pretty spectacular haunted house vibe for a large portion.
- Vampire fighting is serious business.
- Brutal story pulls no punches.
- Plot twist.
- The plot twist will leave some people lost I'm sure.
- Best enjoyment banks on knowledge of some mythology from the orient - such as Hopping Vampires.
- Not all CG is created equally.
- Some moments are downright painful to watch (which could be considered a positive, as it proves effective transference of emotion - think of it as "phantom pains" when you see somebody get kicked in the nuts, for example).
A nice little change of pace for a vampire flick, this one largely pulls off the haunted house (in this case apartment complex) feeling through most it's run time. The horror elements are well done, as are the mystical sections (as one might expect from an eastern film), although maximum enjoyment and (mainly) understanding of what's transpiring and why it's transpiring banks on the watcher knowing a bit or two about those asian myths (like the Hopping Vampire). That being said, it's a good enough movie to merit a watch if you don't complain about subtitles - just don't expect your standard Americanized sparkly pretty-boy vampires out of this, as they won't ever be there.