Trapped Ashes (2006)
5 Tales of Terror.
- Anthology - 5 stories for the price of one movie.
- Stories are... interesting - at least one is relatively unique.
- For fans of it, there's a lot a breasts floating about.
- B-film grade effects and acting.
- I guess you could probably find some morals in here about how wrong sex is in general through most of these things.
- Bonus twists for each story at the end.
- The closest any of these tales really comes to being scary is the implications of blood-sucking boobs.
- Large amount of bare breasts/sexual scenarios makes me feel the selling point is strip-club neons opposed to the usual "scary" points of most other anthology films.
- Some of the twists are pretty foreseeable.
- B-film grade effects and acting (not everyone can appreciate it).
I'm a fan of horror anthologies - you might know this if you've read any my past reviews on them - but this one actually has me delivering a pass. It isn't necessarily bad - I don't regret watching it - but although most anthologies are either generally frightening or incredibly interesting, this one seems to try and trade that charm in for sex appeal. The scariest offering is about implants-gone-wrong, which in it's own right is really only as scary as something that's already been done before (ie. Teeth), and although some interesting things may happen within the stories nothing comes out and strikes you as campfire-grade horror. I mean, I guess for those seeking an anthology flick it's better than nothing, and if you're in the mind to see the horrors of being horning, getting implants, or having a "twin" that's actually a tapeworm then it's alright - but for the vast majority of folks you may as well just skip this one.