The Reeds (2010)
- The reeds are an incredibly creepy setting, akin to a floating corn maze.
- Ghost mysteries.
- Surprisingly not a creature feature, as first scene had me believing.
- Characters start off pretty believable.
- Hard to tell just who is the real bad guy by the end.
- British accents!
- Dude butt for the ladies (or man-booty inclined men).
- Plot-flow is pretty complex.
- People gonna get confused by the plot mechanics wibbly-wobbly.
- Somehow, the final reveal doesn't feel as impressive as one would think.
- Something about a dudes butt just makes it more comical than anything else (sorry ladies).
Not a bad flick, but for those easily confused you'll wanna steer away from it. Kinda part ghost story, part killer story, part "friends lost in scary place" story all mixed together, although the numerous hooks in the story make it much more complicated than some may hope for all under the guise of "the reeds make you see things." Interesting enough movie for the setting alone however, so as long as you don't mind having to think a little to understand what the plot is doing on the more scary level than face value, you could probably check it out and find something enjoyable.