The Last Stand (2013)
Not in his town. Not on his watch.
- Action flick: Gunfights, car antics, fist fights.
- Humor worked into phrasings/specific characters.
- Farmer with shotgun "Get off my property!" stereotype.
- One-liners and some dialogue.
- Nothing super effective as far as characterization or plot (just because it's enjoyable action doesn't mean it gets a free pass).
As far as action movies go, it's right in the mix of old types that we (I) love so much. Bit more graphical nonsense here and there to make a few moments cooky looking, and without a doubt various moments that make no real sense story-wise, but it all comes down to the fun action-packed atmosphere. Humor, violence, fast cars, and arnold cracking jokes about being old - it's pretty much all that you should have wanted if you went into this movie expecting anything.