The Caller (2011)
Some calls are best left unanswered.
- Not a haunting haunting story. You'll get it if you watch it, but must I can say without spoiling.
- Might make you not trust phones anymore.
- Scary "haunted" level events, also scary stalker level events.
- Good acting.
- Small enough cast to make things feel on a personal level.
- Well handled atmosphere.
- I'd hate to say it, but I know somewhere somebody is getting confused by this movie.
- Sort of wonky in-movie mechanics could lead to potentially unanswered questions.
- Some moments of using noise to cause/instill discomfort - less so than a lot of modern spook stories however.
- Spattering of jump scares seem trivial in comparison to the creeping horror of the unfolding plot.
Worth checking out if you into the thriller/mystery genres, and potentially more frightening than some other horror movies on the slab. Strong female lead, an interesting mechanic that makes a good twist on the average haunted-house atmosphere, and a mostly solid slot should keep one entertained enough to stay till the end. My mind can fill in pretty near anything the average Joe may consider to be a plot hole, but I can see a few parts that may lead some people to become confused by the time the credits roll. Still, worth checking out in my opinion, and that's feasibly why your reading this - for my opinion.