The Objective (2008)
We haven't seen the real enemy.
- Conspiracy-type plot (More horror than standard military movie).
- Military action scenes are right what you'd want.
- Soldier's are nice to kids.
- Couple of twists, keeps you guessing as to what the conspiracy part is until the reveal towards the end.
- Decent use of tension.
- Well acted.
- Generic CIA guy in a group of soldiers stereotype.
- Some bit's not really fully explained - may confuse some people.
- Pacing is a bit slow at times.
A nice alternative little militant flick that doesn't feel so far gone that it's not recognizable. Has some fun twists, and the whole CIA man secret mission feel will probably make fans of X-Files or other secret-mission Feds type shows happy. Handful of action scenes probably won't be enough to keep the die-hard action types happy, but the movie is pretty upbeat for a war in Afghan-type flick until the twists are brought to full force. Check it out for that otherworldly terror feel (if you're into that kind of thing), but shouldn't exactly have you jumping out of your seats in fright.