Appleseed Alpha (2014)
To find Olympus, the must fight to survive.
- Plenty of cool looking cyborgs/robots.
- Looks very nice.
- Conflict of finale feels larger than other conflicts.
- Backstory delivery handled smoothly.
- Action scenes are pretty fun.
- Only one landmate.
- Not sure specifically if it ties in with other Appleseed movies or not (although I assume not).
- Plot progressions moments can be handled kind of blandly ("I don't want to" -> "We have to" -> "okay").
Of the three Appleseed movies i've seen, this is by far probably the best when it comes to overall delivery. The plot of it isn't really any better than it's predecessors, but the voice acting, tunes, and animation quality all feel pretty top notch. Enjoyed watching it, and my only regret is that there was such a short screentime for the Landmate - but it still works out. It certainly makes me wish someone would hurry up and make a tactical first-person squad-based robot shooter game by the time it ends though, because it's certainly enjoyable.