The stories are alive
- Some decent variety levels of laughs.
- Pretty well acted.
- Effects that still make it feel a bit like campy goosebumps book without being bad.
- Has twists.
- Slappy's puns.
- Jack Black does eccentric well.
- Twists are pretty foreseeable, even if you don't remember all the Goosebumps books.
- A couple of characters that, although lively, can be pretty stupid.
Overall, this thing ended up being far more entertaining than my initial assumptions. It's not really terrifying unless mayhaps you're in the younger crowd, but the humor was broad enough that there was laughs coming from various age groups during the showing. I'd wager it's worth at least a rental when it comes out, if you don't feel like the somewhat steep price of the normal theater (that's about 1/3 owning the disc in my local area), and some might even want to pick it up for some home 3d viewing (although I didn't see the 3d version, there seemed moments where it would theoretically work well).