Tremors 5: Bloodlines (2015)
Fear runs deep
- Burt is back!
- Probably the best usage of CG in the tremors movies thus far.
- New location yet still modern time.
- Still cheesy as heck.
- Finds a way to mix up the creature-trifecta through "evolution" without spitting on the movies that came before it.
- Didn't really need the "plot twist," but gives an acceptable setup for potential later fun.
- Still has at least one annoying character in it.
- Feels like practical creatures weren't as common (if at all) as it's predecessors.
Highly enjoyable for people who already enjoy the Tremors formula, but not something that's going to win over any doubters I'd say. The CG fared better than most the series and the main character everyone loves (Burt) is back, although the plot isn't really breaking any new grounds (har har har). I enjoyed it, but can't help wonder about how they will end up taking Tremors toooooo spaaaaaaaaace. No, seriously, I actually want to see that happen somehow. Space Tremors. Somebody make it so.