Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)
Coming to your galaxy this winter.
- Effects work.
- Fast pace.
- Mostly show, not tell.
- Cross-guard lightsaber.
- That one stormtrooper I'm pretty sure was made just so he could be turned into a toy.
- Some great set pieces.
- Pretty good plot, can mostly be followed without knowing the previous films.
- Fan servicing.
- One of the Star Destroyers really feels like it is popping out of the screen at you in the IMAX 3D.
- Combined with pacing, can feel a little as though you are just moving from one set piece to another.
- A few wooden line deliveries.
- Some may not be happy about the two and a half hour long showtime.
- Some of the characters are rather lackluster in comparison to the rest.
- Fast pace can cause some of the character interactions to feel a little rushed.
It was good. Fans of the original films will most likely get much more of it than the casual movie goer, and there are point's where Abrams actually does a better job than Lucas did. A great example of this is that cute little droid that we've all seen everywhere (BB-8), who effectively plays off as what Jar Jar was supposed to be but failed at being. Overall, as far as action is concerned - both air and ground, this is by far probably the best of the Star Wars movies available out there. For plot, it's much more of an obvious setup than some movies which makes it feel more like a "middle" movie, but it at least takes the time to finish up one plot line that probably should have just been the subtitle for the movie over "The Force Awakens."