Killer Mermaid / Nymph / Mamula (2014)
It's a dangerous place. Just go somewhere else.
- Moby Dick quotes, as any good remotely nautical themed tail would have.
- (Subjectively) Pretty girls.
- Sweet Island-prison/base/fort.
- Horror cliches in bulk.
- The B reel (boobs, blood, bad-to-alright CG/effects).
- Bulk horror cliches, just a penny a pitch.
- B reel (some people just don't like it, not everyone can be me).
- Implying a man can fall in love with a man eating sea harpy that drives them to do bad things to other people. I don't think a person can get that desperate.
- Sequel tease.
- An entire selection of girls, and not one of them can really find it in their heart to not just suck at life when it matters.
- Dance party why?
I didn't expect much from this movie, as it baited me in with all the classic B movie flair (pretty girls! Monsters! Mayhem!), so there wasn't a whole lot of letdown that I should have experienced. The build up to things that you want to see in this movie feels atrocious until they finally get to the super-awesome (no seriously, I want that thing) island fortress most the rest of the film will take place on. It's a pretty mediocre flick though, and outside of that feels-lengthy beginning filler it should appease most looking for a modern B movie "bad but I enjoy it for some reason" kind of flick. All that being said, I would far rather watch the teased at sequel from the ending than I would watch this one again.