Dead Snow 2: Red vs. Dead (2014)
Heads up. They're back.
- Immediate follow up to Original Dead Snow.
- Nazi-mancer. Can I trademark that word?
- Violence of a zombie movie, without all the eating.
- Comedy elements - includes some stereotyping.
- One mean mutha Russian.
- "Bright Eyes"
- Stereotypes - although funny most the time, there are a few times it comes off annoying.
- Not everyone likes zombie-movie violence levels.
- German zombies: speak in German, Subbed in German. Makes sense, but doesn't help me know anything they say that isn't Wunderbar.
More zombie movies should focus less on the zombies eating people and more on goofy, seemingly idiotic stuff like this. The comedy blood in this thing certainly makes itself apparent throughout - including a little "zombie medic" action during the climax's final battle - and help remind you that you should be having fun. The stereotyped characters aren't exactly full of depth by any means, but for the level of serious this movie wants by all appearances, they actually fit well without being too overly annoying. If you don't mind violence (and lots of it), this one is actually successfully more amusing than it's predecessor, and I'd go as far to wager worth a watch.