Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
One, two, Freddy's coming for you... three, four, Jason's at your door...
- A plot that actually works.
- A reason for the conflict between the two figureheads.
- Retains some of the wit from the Elm Street movies.
- Retains some of the brutal effects of both.
- Rocking soundtrack.
- Still care less for the 'heroes' and more for the 'monsters.' In my books, not really a negative, but "rooting for the monster" just doesn't sound right as a positive.
- Some of that CG (mainly things like blood pools) is pretty noticeable.
- Some might feel the ending's a bit of a cop-out.
It unabashedly uses it's tropes and blends to movies with some serious fans to make one that is arguably enjoyable by both. The fact that they managed to pull off a better plot than Friday the 13th has been know for through most of it's life span is impressive enough, but the fact you still get those goofy kills the franchise has been grown to be known for is a little bit of a perk. On the flip side, Freddy's segments retain their creepiness and wit and works as the glue to hold the movie together. It's certainly a fun edition for fans of the likes, although surely super-fans of both series could find things to nitpick if they try to hard to focus on that aspect. All told, it's still a fun movie that came out way better than AvP's movie did.