Strange Days (1995)
An extreme taste of reality.
- Well done plot.
- Interesting sci-fi technology mixed with gritty realism.
- Well acted leads - and the gal kicks some real butt.
- Keeps some fresh surprises in the mix.
- Dark (and I don't mean in context of visible light).
- Nudity, for those who are opposed to it.
- Considering the rest of the movie, the very end feels a little off - it works, just feels maybe a little forced.
This little gem is quite a potent rock. Interesting science fiction technology blended with a dark urban 1999 on the boiling point of riots - all wrapped into a nearly detective story shell. The main two leads come off as likeable and relatively strong, even if the male can be a bit of a whiner at times. The action when it happens is pretty furious, but you can still tell what's going on, but for the most part the pacing is much more of a drama then an action movie. Some of the scenes are pretty dark, as are some of the philosophical subjects that it brings up over it's course, but otherwise this was a quite intriguing flick.