Late Phases (2014)
The hunt is on.
- Transformation scene.
- Blind war Vet main character, movie doesn't forget it throughout.
- Cast provides plenty of people to provide mystery to who the big bad is.
- Some rather thoughtful moments.
- Werewolf costume looks aren't as good when fully lit.
- A box of dead dogs. I'm not talking a unit of measurement, I'm talking a literal box of dead dogs.
It's a bit like what I would expect John Wick 10: the After Years to look like, if Wick had to fight a werewolf that killed his dog after he had lost his sight. It can feel a bit like a slow build due to the mystery section between full moons, but it keeps a decent level of tension and "who done it" present to make the flow feel fine. The final werewolf showdown is more than ample enough pay-off, even if the more center-screen use of the costume lets you pick up on some of the details (like the faces) that look a little bit less impressive when fully lit. That being said, it's a pretty solid flick, and I'd say if you dig werewolves you should probably check it out.