Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
A new age begins
- Gets right to it straight off the bat - no extra setup, no recaps.
- Much more humorous than I had expected.
- Plot-line follows believable flow.
- Good action scenes, including some neat slowdown shots.
- B-liners show up (like War Machine) now and then.
- Showing I attended was loud (according to multiple members of the viewing party).
- Some of the action scenes were a bit hectic.
- No recap could leave some people confused. It works as a stand-alone, but obviously isn't intended to be viewed completely isolated.
- Kinda long. Doesn't feel like biting-nails long, but without a doubt doesn't feel like a short movie either.
It's entertaining. If you are already a fan of the marvel combined universe (or whatever they call it), then you will already plan on seeing this anyways, so why really bother throwing time at reading a review? For those who aren't necessarily fans of the idea of watching a tv show and 20-someodd hours of movies, you could probably get away with just watching the first Avengers and then this to not be too confused about who characters are, but even without that it's a 'summer blockbuster' style flick - big budget, good entertainment value. It's got some fun jokes or lines, but I wouldn't necessarily say there was any moments as memorable as "Puny God" though.