John Wick (2014)
Don't Set Him Off!
- Simple, straightforward plot to drive the action.
- Brutal action scenes.
- Sexy cars, complete with car-based action and damages!
- The wonderful world of hitmen hidden household weaponry.
- Driving soundtrack.
- Soundtrack may actually consist of one song for all action scenes, I'm not entirely sure - not that I mind.
- Dog will elicit stereotypical "Aww"s from viewing women. (Not really a problem with the movie, which is shown to be effective due to said "Aww"s).
- Movie plays as a flashback to the opening scene, so you kind of know where events are leading.
- Dog dies (necessary to the plot, but people gonna be sad anyways).
I would say that this one is a Reeves movie that you can go and checkout in theaters and not be disappointed - particularly if you go in wanting an action movie. The beginning setup is a bit slower paced than most the rest of the movie, but does a good job of setting up the purpose for all the action to come. Keanu's generally aloof/robotish nature actually lends to the focused hitman role he plays, and all those years of Kung Fu flicks are certainly paying off when it comes to the vicious action scenes. Probably one of the better action movies to come out (that I've seen) this year.