Rise of the Fellowship (2013)
During their quest to become Lord of the Ring video game champs, a group of geeks become a true fellowship and learns that there's a little bit of geek-and hero-in all of us.
- Successfully pulls off the feel of a parody while fitting into the normal friendship movie type
- Some of the more bland scenes are pretty well stylized with comic-style overlays
- Cozy feeling movie - regardless of what's going on onscreen, it's like hanging with friends
- The romance sections are handled rather well, not really cringe-worthy
- Puns, and some other humorous moments
- Overly generic characterizations of archetypes (Jocks, Geeks, etc)
- Despite polish, it is still very much that "coming of age" cool to be you type of movie, and doesn't try to reinvent the wheel
Best if you are at least a remote fan of Lord of the Rings (game, books, or movies), or if you like that whole find ourselves style of film (Teen Wolf, Pitch Perfect). I don't regret watching it, and although it's "not rated" it's rather much suitable for the entire family. If you find it, why not give it a shot?