Some creatures aren't just real, they're unbelievable.
- Family-friendly adventure fun! (Except the subtitles thing, see cons).
- Archaeology! (Not quite as fancy as Indy Jones archaeology, but still more exciting than dusty books and dig sites!)
- Well done effects work on the big 'ole Midgardian snake.
- Finland is pretty to look at.
- Most "useful" character is actually the female assistant (gives a good female lead).
- Good use of tension.
- Subtitles (yeah, it'd be fun for the family, but something tells me most kids wouldn't want to read a movie).
- Pretty easy to call many of the events that are going to happen beforehand - not really a mold breaker.
An easy going fun filled yet exciting romp in the action adventure genre. Worth checking out if you enjoy those kind of movies, although I should warn you it does feature a rather large snake - and some people really don't like snakes. That being said, the actors all pull the weight pretty good (despite the hooks and turns being rather obvious for me) and the locations are beautiful - the only thing that should really hold anyone back from enjoying this one is the subtitles, but that's just the curse of knowing only one language coming back to haunt those of us who need rely on them.