Black Panther (2018)
Hero. Legend. King.
- Sneakers. You'll get that more when you watch it.
- Soundtrack - the drummer in me loves a good 80-85% of this thing.
- Colorful - including but not specifically tron-like glow effects.
- Costumes - sure the Panther suits, but specifically those "mountain gorilla" outfits.
- Jokes in general, and at least two or three characters who are really enjoyable on screen.
- "Well now you got a bunch of angry bullet-proof bears running around out there" - will make more sense if you know what I'm referencing and after you see the movie.
- .Some of the effects look a bit dated (not "worst ever" dated, but video games from a couple years ago perhaps).
- A trend in bad guys (cinema-wide) that, although not bad or totally uncalled for, can make for wanting a bit more than given.
I'd argue that if you didn't like Marvel's universe before, this isn't going to change much. That said, it's largely still quite up to snuff on the Marvel movie budget/polish with some good actors and well put together visual fun. I'd wager it's pretty blunt about it's message, but I didn't exactly go in to Black Panther expecting a philosophical delving so it's not exactly holding me back from any form of enjoyment - particularly given I went to have fun, and that's what it gave me.