Big Ass Spider! (2013)
10 stories tall. 1 huge appetite.
- Jose, even when just being an excuse for semi-racist puns.
- Movie embraces it's comedy B-roll side and isn't ashamed of it.
- A few quotable lines, including the most accurate usage of the line "Up yours!" in a movie to date (that I've seen).
- Accidental giant martian spider. You'll understand that better when they explain it in the movie if you watch it.
- For a movie containing a giant spider, it's actually rather cheerful.
- Not quite as funny as say Eight Legged Freaks.
- Although the accidental is there, it's not exactly anything out of this world (hahaha, I made a funny!) as far as science fiction giant-monster plots go.
- As is usual, although I enjoy the B-roll I have to list it in here because someone, somewhere, will wonder why some of the acting is so bad.
- Although I laugh at some of them cause they are funny, some of those jokes are pretty racist. Really though, if you can't laugh at a "loser" exterminator and a "mexican" security officer having a few racist jokes now and then, you need to loosen up - they are meant to be funny, not serious.
This is the kind of movie you just wanna get together with a bunch of friends and have some pizza to. Its not exactly stellar as far as effects work or anything like that, but it's so darn goofy that it's easily enjoyable in that party-atmosphere just because things like acting can be so bad at times the added peanut gallery can only help make it more amusing. It's a pretty light hearted science-gone-wrong movie that doesn't waste too much effort pretending it's super serious, and quite frankly if you like that type of movie and would get this as a recommendation you probably already know it.