Heavenly Sword (2014)
The best selling Playstation video game is now an animated feature film.
- Costume designs.
- Looks like it belongs in the video game.
- Cool sword.
- Has an interesting bad guy or two in there.
- Musical scoring.
- Video game may have looked better.
- Voice actors have some moments of sounding like emotionless robots.
- "Strong female lead who constantly is looked down at because she's a woman." Seriously, is that a trope yet? It has to be by now, right?
Someone needs to tell people that they can make a female lead without all the condescending aspects. In this case, it at least plays out a bit like events in China used to (you aren't a boy? Egads, I'm ruined!), but it's still annoying to see when there are other things that could be focused on (evil gold-armored raven? What?). Beyond that, not a terrible watch. Quality fluctuates a bit on the voice acting side, and (although I haven't played the game itself) I would imagine fan of the games would enjoy this (even though I think it might not look as good as the game) even though I'm sure it probably just retells the game anyways. A few cool characters, costumes, or weapons, but nothing so noteworthy I'd tell people to go out of their way to watch it.