Adventures in Babysitting (1987)
She thought babysitting was easy money - until she started hanging out with the Andersons.
- Amusing sting of events that constantly brings together unrelated things to advance the story and keep you entertained
- Mechanic "Thor"
- Side characters met by the 'sitter crew are all, without a doubt, characters even if some are rather generic
- Humor isn't too bad, even if it's at times quite a bit dated and childish
- Nobody in real life could possibly have that much bad luck, right? I mean, holy crap
- A bit rough around the edges at times
- Pretty much all of the romance subplot(s). At this point in time, it's a bit generic, regardless of how believable or how often (in the case of the "hots for the babysitter" part)
Older flicks all have a sort of charm to them. It's a simple straight forward premise that keeps you entertained throughout, regardless of whatever inadequacies it may or may not have. There are many movies from around that time like it (the misadventure type comedy/action films), but it's no worse than the majority of them. If you've seen stuff like Mom and Dad Save the World and enjoyed it, you'll probably like this one too.