Kick-Ass 2 (2013)
You Can't Fight Your Destiny.
- Pretty brutal action
- Puns, also normal/dark-ish humor (I had numerous laughs)
- Lots of different costumes, ranging from a simple mask to full-on themed tights/suits
- Racially insensitive villain names that are made fun of for being racially insensitive made me laugh while also thinking "those are legitimate cool names"
- Action-reaction plot theme
- Don't need to have seen the first (although it wouldn't hurt) thanks to short dialogue moments that elaborate on everyone's motives
- Plot can be ham-fisted at times, not exactly surprising anyone
- High school drama parts are (as always) kind of annoying, regardless of how necessary they are for character building and development
- Cops are super inept. No wonder why that city needs masked heroes.
- Racially insensitive villain names will offend those offended by racial crap
- Language use will offend those offended by strong language
- Violent action will offend those offended by violence
- Alluded to sex scenes will offend those offended to sex (scenes)
If violence riddled battles are your thing, you'll most likely enjoy those parts and want to pull your teeth out during the rest of the movie (cough cough High School cough. I laughed numerous times, but that doesn't particularly mean that the humor was high-class in any way shape or form. Really, the best way I can call this is that if you liked the first you'll love this one - but if you haven't seen the first, that R rating is definitely there for a reason. Heroes are interesting enough, and does tap into the essence of "real world superheroes" mentality, which is nice.