Earth Killer [aka Total Retribution] (2011)
Zombies in space, what could go wrong?
- Concept (aka Zombies in Spaaaaaaaace).
- Relatively appropriate use of Nerf guns.
- Space ship doesn't look too terrible.
- I've seen better effects on the Sega Dreamcast.
- Producer apparently went to the practical school of J.J. Abrams spaceship design (aka LENS FLARE! Except with on-set lights).
- Audio balancing.
- Oh look, zombi- wait, no, i guess its some nanobot thing that turns you into a terrible robot dinosaur.
- Super-pointless nudity. I mean, more pointless than in B-movies.
Skip the heck out of this one. Phase 4 has some entertaining movies, but this isn't one of them. Acting makes you feel bad even calling it such, and it's incredibly sad to see something as awesome an idea as "zombies in space" be executed so poorly. I mean, you could try to MST this movie to make it salvageable, but it's still very rough. Still, if you want to hear a bunch of people bash on androids and be generally disappointing as characters, I guess it isn't too bad. No, really. I mean, I like bad movies, and sometimes you find some that are awesome, or just super-duper weird and entertaining (looking at you Rubber), but in this case even I'm pretty bored with it. As a statement of fact, most of this was actually written while watching it - because it's that exciting.