Odd Thomas (2013)
I might see dead people... but then, by god, I do something about it.
- Rather well done mystery plot line.
- Elements of the paranormal add spice and some manners of second-guessing to the plot.
- Very well acted.
- Effects work is well done, "Bodachs" look interesting.
- Good pacing.
- Expect some sad moments.
- Despite paranormal elements, all the true scary parts are due to people. Some may read the description and expect it to be a "scary" ghost-filled thriller such as Sixth Sense, but will find it's less of a scary film and more of a mystery film.
- This hasn't been made into a series of movies yet.
- "Based on a book by" that I haven't read (or heard of), so those who have read it may find more negatives as people often do with books-to-movies.
Well worth checking out, particularly if you're a fan of mystery flicks. The paranormal element helps sass things up a little and is even used quite well to help drive the plot and it's various twisty turns. The romance between Odd and Stormy is pretty sweet and innocent compared to a lot of what you see in movies these days, and helps flesh them out a bit as characters. Overall well put together flick that I'd certainly watch again at a later date, and left me hoping they make more of these in the future.