Dark Space (2013)
Fear the Dark.
- College spring break gone wrong finally used in a way that's not present day (ie. They put it in the future).
- Graphics/Effects pretty good.
- Soldiers (like on boxart) look awesome (Reminds me of Eldar from the Warhammer 40k universe).
- A few surprises.
- Acting not that impressive.
- Although plot isn't terrible, it's nothing that hasn't already been done either.
- Would have rather had a movie based on the soldier's various non-movie related exploits, filled with awesome costumes.
- Alien vision has an electrical pulse effect and a normal wave-type pulse effect going on at the same time, and when combined with motion some watchers may find themselves getting headaches.
Not bad at all. I thought for sure given the description that it was going to just be another "college kids encounter slasher" except in space, and it did a decent amount of twisting around to provide a bit more than that. That being said, acting is pretty rubbish, but not enough to detract from the cool costumes and graphic usage (it may not be some super-crazy CG like you'll find in AAA blockbusters, but it's pretty dang good) and bring down the overall experience. I wouldn't go out of your way to watch it, but a single watching shouldn't be too regrettable - particularly if you bring some friends to override the (mostly) lame dialogue.