The Man with the Iron Fists 2 (2015)
Thaddeus (RZA) is back in this explosive action adventure inspired by kung fu classics.
- Similar Kung fu action to the first.
- Was that Shang Tsung? Yep, that was Shang Tsung.
- Decent plot surprise.
- Rap, if you like that.
- Ecstasy of Gold - a song better than Rap.
- Feels a bit like RZA went a little Micheal Bay with this one - slow mo shots, explosions. Can feel a little phoned in.
- Plot surprise comes so late in the movie it pretty much feels like it doesn't matter, reducing the amount of surprise heftily.
- Rap, if you aren't into that.
I feel like it's not as good as the first, in quality of action and general amusement factor. It's certainly not bad, and has a couple of pretty decent fights in it, but for the most part characters aren't nearly as extravagant and interesting as the first. Probably worth a rental for the kung fu flick fans or those who liked the first MwtIF.