Captain America: Civil War (2016)
United we stand. Divided we fall.
- Quantity and quality of humor.
- Balances rather large cast pretty well.
- Super-hero showdown sequence.
- No long, drawn out origin stories that weren't necessary.
- Looks good (I mean, I shouldn't need to say that).
- Well handled mystery section that keeps you guessing.
- The first action sequence is a bit shakey-cam (although the sequence is cool).
- Didn't carry quite the emotional impact that it could have.
- Although handled well, I'm sure hardcore comic fans will find quite a few things they can nitpick apart about being "true to the comics."
I'm not surprised over the movies high-grade reception. At this point, a Marvel movie getting a poor reception would be more surprising - but I am pleasantly surprised at the amount of humor spread across a movie I thought would be 24/7 serious with potentially one running gag. It's put together well enough I admittedly found it a bit hard to put forth some negatives, but even the best movies have things that they could improve upon. Still, well worth the watch if you already enjoy the absolute barrage of Marvel movies.