Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)
Witness the spark
- Effects (duh).
- Porgs. Way more amusing than they have any right to be.
- Some more character advancing.
- Poking fun at fans.
- Fun and not-shakey action scenes.
- Some scenes that make you think "wow."
- New ships. And creatures. And planets.
- .I love jokes, but sometimes I wonder if it's too many jokes (maybe con?).
- A few shots kinda make me wonder why they are there, and sort of expect it to be testing for the next sequel.
- I had zero problems with this, but the hopping between story lines amongst the character sets is probably gonna leave someone with ADD confused.
- Sequel problems that exist for most sequels - you'll be lost as to who characters are if you haven't seen E7, and leaves a big enough open space at the end that it's obviously no the end of the story.
I don't know why audiences are apparently so split on this one. Must just be everyone caught up in the "it's cool to hate everything" trend. Entertaining, looks good, keeps up some character development, and manages to fit in a lot of humor that isn't necessary but still nice. Nothing confusing here, although arguably a heavy "Force this Force that" (as in star wars "The Force" and not just forced) going on in the story to may some of the stuff come about. Makes a few preemptive jabs at fan complaints I would see coming ("It's salt"), but works nicely in the scheme of the two thirds a new series we have so far. If I'm being critical, nothing really to address previous issues with Rey, but as a normal person I didn't really care then or now. Fun ride, as expected.