The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)
A different set of jaws
- Almost money back guarantee that it will be the weirdest musical you'll ever see.
- Should find at least one very catchy tune (looking at you Time Warp).
- Pretty wild costumes.
- How anyone can keep a straight face, let alone do a good job acting is astounding.
- If your into nitpicking theologies and meanings and stuff, I'm sure you'll have an absolute hay-day with this one.
- Handles what effects it does use quite well.
- Can be a bit over-the-top weird for some folks (I'd wager most likely those uneasy about sexuality in general, but I could be wrong).
- Some songs might be a little too catchy (looking at you Time Warp).
- Colombia's shrill voice can be grating during songs she's involved in IMO - but that's also something that can be highly prejudiced per person, sort of like how some people can think X singer is way better than Y, you know?
- Less sparkles than Twilight (Yes, this joke should now become a positive feature).
One of those flicks people either love or they hate. Regardless, the songs can be incredibly entertaining and/or catchy and you can probably expect to find yourself humming one or two to yourself later on. If you're pretty forgiving about sexuality in general, then you'll probably have more fun than people who are super-uppity about it (it's hard to have as much fun with the movie as you should if you get your pants bent out of shape over Tim Curry's outrageous neglige the entire time). Check it out sometime, you should at least be able to make it to Time Warp without getting creeped out regardless.