Wishmaster 3: Beyond the Gates of Hell (2001)
Evil Feeds Off Your Wishes
- Evil Djinn is still witty.
- Wishes are twisted.
- Takes place all on one campus.
- Easy to follow plot.
- Maaaaaagic Sword. I can swing my sword, sword.
- Not quite as witty on dialogue or twists of wished as previous entries.
- Romance portions of plot are pretty atrocious.
- I feel like these movies have gotten more Christian as they go, which is strange considering it's an arabic mythos creature. I mean, seriously - Saint Michael?
- Acting can get pretty trashy at times, even if they are supposed to be acting as college kids.
Gets a lot of (my opinion) unwarranted flack from fans of the series. It's not that poorly shot, the acting isn't that bad, and the new Djinn actor still has (some) lines on par in delivery/writing as the previous movies. In comparison, the only thing that really seems a bit overboard in conjunction with it's predecessors is the "kill the djinn" mentality over the "trap the djinn as it's the only way to defeat it" versions of the earlier ones. Certainly not the best of the wishmasters, and if you are interested in a movie such as this, I would redirect you to those first (although more so the first, which was a little less overboard). Overall, it's a lukewarm addition to a series of films.