The Town That Dreaded Sundown (2014)
In 1946 this man killed five people... Today he still lurks the streets of Texarkana, Ark.
- Climax was actually remotely unsuspected, which means it pulled one over on me.
- A killer who isn't afraid to modernize.
- A movie that actually has the movie (with same title) worked into itself as an older movie.
- Has a bit more of a mystery feel than standard slasher types.
- Outside of the mystery, it's pretty standard slasher type.
- Standard slasher-type tropes, including tripping, sex gets you killed, and people about to get killed being 80% potato in the head.
It has a nice rustic serial killer feel to it that proves to be more of a mystery than your average "there was this guy who keeps coming back and killing everybody who's back and killing everybody". Surprisingly small amount of nudity for a movie that has 3 short (and mostly non-graphic) sex scenes in it. Not surprisingly gore-filled deaths (although most of them consist primarily of just blood). Not a bad watch, though not going to draw in anyone who's already not a fan of the genre.